The Forum seeks:
• To facilitate regular interaction and networking between different civic actors through the platform generally and through specific thematic forums.
• To keep civic actors updated on emerging issues on the civic space across the sub-region.
• To regularly monitor trends on civic space in the sub-region and highlight emerging issues impacting on the civic space in a bid to provide civic actors with a vital resource of timely, credible and contextual information.
• To keep members abreast of civic space initiatives led by, or coordinated by civic actors and their networks in the sub-region.
• To provide an opportunity for civic actors to reflect on the impact of key developments on civic space in the sub region and to engage in joint planning and strategy setting in response to the shrinking civic space.